Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

...one year ago...

Look at this cute couple!! Who knew that 10 months and 5 days later they'd be married!?!

Funny story...I used to be a little embarrassed for people to see this picture because I thought people would make all the assumptions that they do anyway when they find out we served in the same mission..what assumptions you ask? That Elder King and Sister Neumann had the HOTTS for each other on the mission. WRONG. We were very good and very obedient missionaries and good friends but that is it. Now we're REALLY good friends..and shame on you for thinking something dirty.

Matt came home from his mission a year ago today!
Weird huh? Sometimes I feel like it was all a dream. Other times it f
eels like it was yesterday and other days it feels like it was FOREVER ago. I remember this day quite well. I can remember Matt standing in front 180 missionaries bearing his testimony of the love he has for the Savior. His friendship and example helped me a lot through my mission. He was a very humble, obedient, and faithful missionary.

I loved that Matt and I served in the same mission. It's one of the things I am grateful for. My mission was such a sacred experience and sometimes it can be hard to describe. But when Matt and I talk about our missions he knows exactly what I am talking about. He understands the things we did, the way we did them, what was expected of us, and the people that were involved. Its a unique connection that we have and I love it.

I may be biased but Matt was an outstanding missionary. He was hard working, obedient, humble, charitable, and diligent. It's amazing that I had the chance to see
him completely immersed in the Lord's work. It's such a blessing to me. I saw him grow and change in the ways that mission changes you. I saw him become the man that he his today. A lot of the things Matt learned on his mission are an active part of everything he does on a daily basis.

Matt loved his mission and it means everything to him (minus how much he loves me!). I am grateful he chose to serve a mission. I am grateful that he listened to the promptings he received and waited for me. I am grateful that even though I loved being Sister Neumann I couldn't be happier being Sister King.


..such a cute little missionary..




2 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

What a fun picture! You can get all sorts of stories with that. But you're right, it is very unique and special that you two share your missions. Love it!

Tim and Heidi said...

That is quite the picture! If it makes you feel any better, my Mom and Dad met on their mission to Germany. It's pretty cool when that happens, cause I wouldn't be here without it!