Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

hApPy BiRtHdAy MATT!!!

As noted below...this begins blog #2.

Today was Matt's birthday!! YAYA!! My little husband is growing up! (I would tell you how old he is but I don't want you to know how much of the cradle I robbed.)
In the King family we don't just have birthdays but we have birthday weekends/weeks (depending on what day it's on and how much effort I want to put forth) so we've been celebrating since saturday.
To start off Matt's birthday weekend we went out to lunch at Tucano's...so good..where I was very sneaky and got them to come out and sing to Matt. As I am sure you can imagine Matt wasn't incredibly thrilled about holding a tambourine while they basically yelled Portuguese words at him...but I liked it...I thought it was hilarious! After that we went to the dollar store where Matt picked out birthday hats, a banner, party favors, and wrapping paper for his presents...I am all about the surprises if you can't tell...Afterwards we came home, I wrapped his presents and he opened them a day early (he's very impatient when it comes to presents). It was so nice to just spend a Saturday together and we had a blast doing nothing but laugh.

...we're both very excited, if you couldn't tell...

Today in celebration of his REAL birthday day we had a small get together with Matt's sister and husband. We had cheesecake, cupcakes, and played games. It was fun and Matt was able to send them home with plastic rocket shooters and a puzzle after he had forced us all to wear birthday hats...I don't know if they'll come back...my only hope is the fact that I sent them home a bajillion cupcakes!
...i make a wicked awesome cupcake. cute huh??...
To say the least it's been a fun weekend and I couldn't be more grateful to have the husband that I do. He's everything to me. I am so happy I have him forever and that we have many more birthday weeks to celebrate together!!!

5 comments:

Jessie Moore said...

Seriously you two are so perfect for each other. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!
Love ya guys!!

The Stones said...

Ok Happy Bday Matt! I feel awful that we had no idea, and you were at our house! But, glad you had a great weekend!

Marissa said...

Haha!! Sorry Chels...don't worry..Andrew gave made sure to let me know that I was lame because we were coming over and I didn't say anything..whoops!!! Thanks again for letting me borrow the food coloring and powdered sugar! I owe you big!

Josh and Lauren said...

YAY! Happy Birthday to Matt! Sooo fun!!! :) Let's get together soon!!!!

Loves!

Christy said...

Nice! I like the birthday weekend idea! Happy Birthday to Matt!