Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

...saturday is a special day...

I love Saturdays!! Last Saturday was the first Saturday in I don't know how long that we didn't have anything specifically we needed to do or somewhere we had to be. It was AMAZING!!!

In celebration of this I decided to start on a project that I've been wanting to do for some time now. When Matt and I first got engaged we had several friends so kindly donate various items to our new family. One of these generous gifts came from the Stones! They gave us (along with several other things we love) a dresser. They got it when they first got married and Chelsea said that she wanted to re-finish it but never had the chance. With that said she gave me the idea for my project! We bought some paint, sand paper, some new knobs and handles, and VOILA! (that's french for "that's wicked sweet!")

..this is how they started..
Oh I forgot to tell you!!! The same Saturday morning at 8:00 am (mind you this was the first day in FOREVER that we had to sleep in) we woke up to a small child POUNDING on our bedroom window. After I recovered from my heart attack I went on a quest to find out where this child came from. Don't worry some of women that live in our complex decided to have a yard sale on the patch of grass outside our apartment. Lucky us...
Seeings how I was now wide awake I decided to scope it out and find that little treasure that now sits on the side of our bed...they were asking for $20 for that and a coffee table..guess how much I haggled it down to...$7...BOOYAH!


..ever heard of primer? apparently it makes all the difference. thank you helpful paint man from Lowe's..


..da da da!!! here it is..our new cute dresser and end table set! it's not the best picture but its super cute in person..THANK YOU STONE FAMILY and LITTLE BOY THAT WOKE ME UP..

2 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

Look at you! I love projects like this (although I've never done one). When I do, I may be asking for you expertise!

The Stones said...

It looks amazing!! Great job girl!