Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

Friday, March 19, 2010

am I really that crazy?

So, today I was at work and one of our co-workers came down to visit. Mind you, I love this girl. She came to say hi and was asking how things were. I told her about my sister's wedding, how I've been feeling sick (I've had a stomach ache the last couple days), and how I had TONS of homework to get done before our wedding. She then proceeded to bellow, "YOU'RE CRAZY."
Excuse me...what?
Now, she didn't mean this in a bad way in any shape or form but, it did catch me off guard. She then began to say how she still couldn't believe I was getting married while I was in grad school and working. She kept going off about how many "life changing" events I was going through and how I just kept plugging along like it was "normal." And what events? I had no idea what she meant. She then explained "life changing events" as in coming home from a mission, going back to work, getting engaged, starting grad school again, planning a wedding, and applying for full time jobs.
What else am I supposed to do with my time?
I guess yeah..in a way those are all life changing and yeah I am exhausted but, what am I supposed to do? Take all those blessings and just be like "oh thanks..but I'm not ready" Nope. I don't think so. Plus, I never really looked at any of those things being life changing but, after she mentioned that I guess they kind of are. I mean, once I get a full time job no more making my own schedule or taking time off when I need-that'll be the pits, I'll a boy for a roommate-that's kind of weird, my mission-no words can even begin to describe that experience, and school is school-that never seems to change.
I don't think I'm crazy. But, who knows? I'll just keep plugging along and we'll see what happens.
Is this what it feels like to be grown up?

4 comments:

Miss Morgan said...

Yes! This is what it is like to be a grown up! Nobody tells you that it is not as exciting as you think it is. But many great things come from it.... marriage, buying houses, job promotions, babies... the list goes on and on!

2010 is an exciting year for you! Enjoy every minute of it!

Jenny Alama said...

I don't think you are crazy but it is kind of crazy that you are/have been doing all these 'life changing' things all at once. It IS exhausting but SO worth it! Why would you do it any other way? You are a strong woman and with that man by your side you can conquer the world. Being a grown up isn't the most fun thing at times but there are so many hidden blessings you wouldn't want it any other way. Love ya girl!

Burbs said...

The best people ARE a little crazy!! Love you!

Christy said...

Yes this is really life, I did the same thing: school, full-time job, wedding, moving etc. so if you're crazy then so am I. I think I would take it as a compliment that you can handle so much! (wait til kids are in the mix ;0)