Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

Friday, September 3, 2010

..matt's encounter with a set of zoobies..

..i'm not sure why but for whatever reason i can never seem to remember everything i need for the day. on a regular basis matt and i will start our way outside when i remember and blurt out "i don't have my ring!" (that would be my WEDDING ring) and matt says "it's in my pocket", turns around, pulls it out, puts in on my finger, kisses me quick, and says "i love you." and then we hurry off to here and there. we're typically running late because who would i be if i wasn't? lately though in addition to my ring i have this tendency to forget my phone and for those of you that know me i'm pretty much naked without my phone. i blame it on school starting. i have to much junk to remember to gather that my phone just isn't a priority anymore. remember when we used to not have cell phones? weird. anyways..on days like today when i don't have my cell phone my cute husband and i email back and forth. today i went to a meeting and came back to a series of messages. below is our conversation. i laughed. hope you enjoy...

message from matthew king:
So I am sitting here doing my math homework having to listen to some guy and
girl having a DTR. They met for lunch and took notes on what they were going
to talk about and everything. It is ridiculous. Haha. It's so dumb. What's
funny is is that they are in my LDS Marriage and Family class.


message from matthew king:
Now they are talking about the first time they kissed and this girl is
saying that she was prompted by the spirit to kiss this guy. This
conversation is ridiculous. Haha.


message from marissa king:
That's hilarious! Do they seem to be normal people? Or weirdos?

message from matthew king:
Weirdos for sure.

message from marissa king:
That's what you get for going to BYU.

..i'd have to throw this little couple into the zoobie category and for the record ZOOBIES do exsist. BYU has even confirmed it. check out this article. i personally enjoy this definition provided by urban dictionary when the term "zoobie" was googled-

"A zoobie is a term for a certain genre of people who attend BYU. The term evolved from the word zoo, which was a common nickname for the university in the 80's. Possible explanations for this nickname may include the chaotic, often carnival-like atmosphere of raging hormones and desperate hunting for mates.
A zoobie is the quintessential BYU student. A zoobie is just a member of the flock of sheep. Zoobies don't think for themselves, they are the oblivious morons who roam BYU campus in droves.
You can't tell a zoobie by appearance only, although there is certainly a stereotyped look. Preppy sweater boys and plastic girls are often associated with zoobiehood."

5 comments:

The Stones said...

hahahahaha, hilarious!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

HAHAHA!! That is AWESOME. :) I'm NOT a zoobie-thank goodness. :)

Palmerfam said...

OK...that was hilarious!!!!! I loved the DTR part and prompted to kiss the boy by the spirit. Seriously!!!!

Andrew and Heather said...

This is so true! I laughed really hard. We are surrounded by them here all these BYU people and they think we are the wierd ones cause we went to the U!

Christy said...

That is awesome!